Updated December 30, 2019
This Policy does not apply to any third-party application or website that may link to or be accessible from or on our Site.
Information CITGO Collects
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information that may personally identify you; information that is about you but doesn’t identify you; and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us; automatically as you navigate through the Site (which may include usage details, IP addresses, browser type, location information, and information collected through cookies; and from third parties (for example, our business partners, when you register through a third party for a CITGO event).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect from you may include:
- Information you provide when asking a question about our products or services or when you place an order.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, submitting a request for information regarding our privacy practices and the information we collect about you, posting material, or requesting further services. For example, when you submit a “Contact Us” form, we collect your name, company, email, phone number, and question/comment. If you submit a “Gallery Request” form, we collect your name, company, email, phone number, and a description of your intended use. If you sign up for our “Newsroom E-Mail Subscription,” we collect your name, email, company, contact number, fax, mailing address, and comments).
- Information about you that you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us. (For example, if you enter a sweepstakes we may collect your name, mailing address, email, contact number.)
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses).
- Details of transactions you carry out with us, including through our Site, and of the fulfillment of your orders (e.g., gasoline purchases, online checkout process, making an online purchase, purchasing a gift card). You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order with us.
- Information necessary to process payments (credit, debit, fleet, gift card, EBT), manage and resolve disputes, and provide customer service on your behalf. The information may include: payment credentials, ZIP Code, and birthdate (for sale of age-restricted products). Payment credentials are masked. ZIP Code and birthdate information is not stored.
- Information collected as part of our registrations, memberships, and shopping processes (e.g., personal information including your name, home address, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, precise location information, mobile device identification, Site traffic and navigational information, credit card number, purchase and order information and demographical information).
- Information you provide when you participate in a CITGO blog and/or use CITGO pages on social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram ("Social Media Pages").
- Information collected when you attend one of our refinery tours or visit one of our locations (e.g., copy of your driver’s license when you come on site).
- Information you provide through our job application site.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may tie information collected about you automatically to personal information about you that we collect from other sources you provide to us. The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
- Measure response rates to banner ads and e-mail offers.
(a) General: A cookie is a small text file sent by a website that is stored on your hard drive by your computer's browser. Managing cookies varies from browser to browser, so please refer to your browser for further information. If you would like to disable cookies from the Site, please use the help function in your web browser to restrict cookies. If you block cookies from the Site, you may not be able to use other interactive features of the Site.
We also use pixel tags, sometimes called “clear gifs”, which are tiny graphic images, on our websites and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze online behavior, collecting information about your visit, including pages you view, links you click, whether you open an email or if our banner ads on our Site or other websites are effective. The information collected may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before and immediately after coming to the Site, including banner ads bringing you to or taking you from the Site.
Identifiers for Advertising ("IFA") or other device identifiers may be used when you use CITGO mobile applications as described in the Mobile and Location-Based Services portion of this Policy.
CITGO may also use service providers and/or third party analytic companies acting on behalf of CITGO to implement these cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies to help us track, collect and analyze this information to improve the Site.
(b) Technology Used to Serve Advertisements on Websites: CITGO and our third-party advertising vendors, such as Google, use first- and third-party cookies to inform, optimize and serve ads on our website and other websites based upon a user's past visits to the Site and other websites, and to report upon how CITGO ad impressions and other ad services are related to the Site. We may combine and associate the information we collect through these technologies with other information we have collected from and about you. This collective information may be used by our third-party advertising vendors for interest-based advertising (also called "online behavioral advertising") on our Site and other websites across the internet in order to personalize your online experience and improve the Site.
Mobile and Location-Based Services Information
This section applies to your use of CITGO mobile websites and mobile applications:
(a) Emailing & Text Messages: CITGO sometimes sends emails or text messages to mobile devices of customers who have consented to these messages via an opt-in request. The opportunity to opt-out of a specific message marketing campaign is made available with the messages we send. Refer to “Choices Regarding Your Information” section below for more options.
(b) Information Collected Automatically: CITGO collects certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use; device identifier; your mobile operating system; pages you visit on our mobile site; search terms; the type of mobile Internet browsers you use; and information about the way you use our mobile website and applications.
(c) Precise Location Information: If you elect to utilize the location-based features and functionalities made available by CITGO through its mobile website or mobile applications, CITGO may collect mobile device identification and precise, real-time, location-based information from technologies like Wi–Fi, or cell tower triangulation (or a combination of these technologies). If you do not want CITGO to use location-based information, please don’t use the location-based service offered through our mobile website or mobile application or click “Don't Allow” when your mobile device requests your location-based information. Once you elect to allow location-based services through a CITGO mobile application, you are agreeing that we can use your location data when you use location-based features like the store locator unless you turn off location-based services for the CITGO mobile application. Refer to “Choices Regarding Your Information” section below for more options. By turning your location services off, you understand that not all CITGO services will be available to you (e.g., coupons) based on your location.
(d) Other Information: With respect to other information collected through our mobile website or mobile applications, we may collect and use the same type of information as addressed in the information CITGO collects section above.
Social Media Pages Information
(a) Personal Information Collected Directly by CITGO: CITGO may collect personal information from you through our Social Media Pages if you provide it. Examples of how personal information may be collected directly on Social Media Pages include your provision of information through (i) an application or form which links to this Policy, including sweepstakes or contests appearing on our Social Media Pages; and/or (ii) your interaction with a CITGO representative concerning a customer service or other issue, question, or comment.
The social media sites where CITGO has its Social Media Pages may provide aggregate and customer information and analysis to CITGO about visitors' use of our Social Media Pages and CITGO advertising on these sites.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product (e.g., gift card) or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders, process your payment, and process returns.
- To facilitate and administer our promotions, competitions, rebate offers, rewards or similar program or club that you have signed up for.
- To help you install, use, and navigate CITGO mobile applications and/or mobile website and use and navigate CITGO Sites, including features to find store locations.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site, products, and services.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business (e.g., security checks for on-site visitors).
- To help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes to improve our Site and the services we offer, including when you participate in one of our surveys or focus groups.
- To personalize your experience on our Site and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Site, third-party sites, and via email, or text message (where we do not need your consent).
- To verify that you are of legal age in your jurisdiction (if applicable).
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To fulfil a contract we may have with you, such as where you make a purchase from us, enter one of our sweepstakes, or sign up for a CITGO charge card.
- In connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations).
- To produce consumer insights (e.g., general research on our consumers; conduct consumer testing, surveys, and panels; data analytics and modeling).
- To register you for events, webinars, trainings, and meetings you sign up for.
- To process your application for employment with CITGO.
- For direct marketing purposes (e.g., to send you advertisements and promotional offers).
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Site, products, and services.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of CITGO assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by CITGO about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
In some instances, the provision of information to us is mandatory. If for example you want to buy something from us and certain personal information is not provided (such as your contact details and delivery address), then we will not be able to fulfil your order. We will always ensure that we minimize the amount of data we collect and will only ask for data that we need to process your request.
CITGO will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Choices Regarding Your Information
(a) Promotional Offers from CITGO: If you do not wish to have your contact information used by CITGO to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by changing the settings in the application. If we have sent you a promotional email, you can ask to be omitted from future email distributions by unsubscribing using the link at the bottom of the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to CITGO as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
(b) Text Messages: If you have signed up for text messages, but later decide you no longer wish to receive them, you can simply follow the opt-out instructions provided in each mobile message.
Important Notice about Text Messages from CITGO
CITGO or our third-party affiliates and service providers (collectively, “us” or “we”) offer various text message and telephonic informational and promotional services. Customers may voluntarily enroll to receive our Mobile Services as defined below.
We may provide you with the opportunity to register for special promotions, services, news, programming and information delivered via text messaging, SMS, and other comparable services to devices such as your mobile phones (the “Mobile Services”). Prior to receiving such Mobile Services, users are required to provide consent, either by registering on a CITGO Website or via your wireless device (or both). We may require you to consent again in a subsequent confirmation message. Such services and promotional opportunities may be provided by any of us. By opting in to receive text messages, or by setting the text message notification settings to “on” in any CITGO mobile application, you authorize us to deliver or cause to be delivered to your phone number text messages using an automatic telephone dialing system. This opt in constitutes your electronic signature on, and manifests your assent to, our terms and conditions.
We do not charge for these Mobile Services. Message and data rates may apply from your mobile carrier. Charges for text messages may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid balance. You are responsible for managing the types of calls or messages you receive. You represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device on which messages will be received, and that you are authorized to approve and incur the applicable charges.
You may cancel your participation in the Mobile Services via your wireless device at any time by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided at the time the message is sent to your phone or by sending a reply text message that says “STOP” from your mobile phone, and we will unsubscribe you from the corresponding Mobile Service promptly. You agree we may send a message confirming that you have unsubscribed.
We reserve the right to terminate any Mobile Service, in whole or in part, at any time without notice.
(c) Mobile Application and Location-Based Services: If you do not want CITGO to use location-based information, please refrain from using a location–based service or functionality or click "Don't Allow" when your mobile device requests your location-based information. In addition, if you previously opted into CITGO collection and use of location-based information through our mobile application, you may turn off location–based services for the mobile application at any time through the Settings on your mobile device.
Additionally, you can stop collection of all location-based information by uninstalling the CITGO mobile applications. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
(f) Interest-Based Advertising: We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. For more information about opt-out programs that our third-party advertising vendors may participate in, and the effect of opting out, you can visit:
(g) Other Website Analytics Services: To learn more about the analytic services provided to CITGO by Google and/or to exercise your opt–out choices, please click on the following links:
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
How We Respond to Do Not Track (DNT) Settings
At the present time, the Site does not respond to DNT signals. We will continue to review DNT and other technologies and may adopt a DNT standard once available. In the meantime, you may opt-out of certain types of tracking on this website, including analytics and tailored advertising, by changing your cookie settings in the links above.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your personal information, however, we share your personal information with the following categories of third parties: service providers (e.g., our digital marketing vendors and analytics providers); employment verification agencies (e.g., background checks, immigration/VISA status); and credit-card processors.
CITGO may share aggregate information about our users with business partners, sponsors and other third parties. For example, we may say that the CITGO audience is x percent females and y percent males. This data is used to customize CITGO content and promotions to deliver a better user experience for our customers.
CITGO may disclose user information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) CITGO rights or property, other CITGO website users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. CITGO may disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
CITGO is committed to the security and confidentiality of your personal information. We utilize industry standard administrative, physical and technical security measures to protect your information. We occasionally review our security procedures as new technology and methodology evolves to ensure the security of information. We protect the transmission of information utilizing Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. It encrypts all of your financial information, including credit card information, so it can't be read as the data travels over the Internet.
Although we will take reasonable security precautions regarding your personal information collected from and stored on the Site, because of the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your personal information stored on our servers or on those of our third parties, or transmitted to or from the Site, will be free from unauthorized access or disclosure. Accordingly, and as set forth in our Terms and Conditions, we disclaim any liability for any unauthorized access to, disclosure or damage to, interception of, theft, or loss of any data communications and/or personal information. By using the Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Children and Parental Consent
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 1-800-331-3363.
Your California Privacy Rights
(a) Information We Collect:
Our Site collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). In particular, the Site has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
This category may include: name, postal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Under the CCPA, “unique identifiers” or “unique personal identifier” means a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a consumer, a family, or a device that is linked to a consumer or family, over time and across different services, including, but not limited to, a device identifier; an Internet Protocol address; cookies, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers that can be used to identify a particular consumer or device.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
This category may include: name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education or employment information, financial account numbers, medical information, or health insurance information.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
This category may include: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex and gender information, veteran or military status, or genetic information.
This category may include: records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other electronic network activity information.
This category may include: browsing history, search history, and information regarding interactions with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
This category may include: physical location or movements.
Professional or employment-related information.
This category may include: current or past job history or performance evaluations.
*We only collect this information for prospective employees.
Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
This category may include: education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf (e.g., grades and transcripts).
*We only collect this information for prospective employees.
Inferences drawn from other personal information.
This category may include: inferences drawn from the above information that may reflect your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, or similar behavioral information.
Please note that some of the categories of personal information described in the CCPA overlap with each other; for instance, your name is both an Identifier and a type of data described in Cal. Civil Code 1798.80(e).
Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records or any deidentified or aggregated consumer information. In addition, the CCPA excludes the following from its scope: health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us; automatically as you navigate through the Site (which may include usage details, IP addresses, browser type, location information, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and from third parties (e.g., our business partners, when you register through a third party for a CITGO event).
(b) Use of Personal Information:
We do not sell your personal information, however, we may use or disclose the personal information we collect for the purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above.
(c) Sharing Personal Information:
CITGO may disclose your personal information to third parties for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. The CCPA prohibits third parties who access the personal information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice from the third-party with an opportunity to opt-out of the sale.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties: service providers (e.g., our digital marketing vendors and analytics providers); employment verification agencies (e.g., background checks, immigration/VISA status); and credit-card processors
In the preceding twelve (12) months, CITGO has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: identifiers; California Customer Records personal information categories; protected classification characteristics under California or federal law; commercial information; internet or other similar network activity; geolocation data; professional or employment-related information (for prospective employees only); non-public education information (for prospective employees only); and inferences drawn from other personal information.
(d) Sales of Personal Information:
In the preceding twelve (12) months, CITGO has not sold your personal information to any third parties.
(e) Your Rights & Choices:
- (i) Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
You have the right to request that we provide certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Specifically, you have the right to request disclosure of the categories of personal information and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you over the last 12 months. Upon the submission of a verifiable consumer request (see Exercising your California Privacy Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which personal information was collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for disclosing or selling personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
We will also provide the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you, subject to certain exceptions under applicable law, if you also request access to such information.
- (ii) Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will conduct a reasonable search of our records in order to locate any personal information we have collected about you that is eligible for deletion, and delete such personal information. To the extent we have shared any personal information collected about you with service providers that is eligible for deletion, we will direct those service providers to delete that personal information as well. For the sake of clarity, however, CITGO may not be able to comply entirely with your request to delete all of your personal information as set forth under the CCPA. For example, if you placed an order with us, the CCPA allows us to keep records related to these types of transactions in order to complete a transaction for which your personal information was collected. Specifically, we are not required to delete any personal information we have collected about you that is necessary for us and our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between CITGO and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation, such as retaining records for a period of time as set out in local, state, or federal laws.
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided your information.
Following a deletion request, any personal information about you that was not deleted from our systems will only be used for the purposes provided for by the applicable exceptions. Thus, all personal information about you that is not subject to a deletion exception will either be (1) permanently deleted on our existing systems (with the exception of archived or back-up systems maintained for emergency disaster recovery and business continuity purposes); (2) de-identified; or (3) aggregated so as to not be personal to you.
- (iii) Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. Unless in compliance with applicable law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We currently provide coupons, rewards, and discounts to certain app users.
- (iv) Exercising Your California Privacy Rights
To exercise your access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by following this link to our online request portal. If you need additional assistance, you may call 1-800-331-3363.
Only you, your parent or guardian (with your permission), the person to whom you have given power of attorney, or an otherwise authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. However, you may make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You can designate an authorized agent to submit a verifiable consumer request on your behalf by having the agent submit a request through the online request portal. Additionally, you may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period.
Your verifiable consumer request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
- (v) Response Timing and Format
We will make our best effort to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Within ten (10) days of receiving the request, we will confirm receipt and provide information about its verification and processing of the request. CITGO will maintain records of consumer requests made pursuant to the CCPA as well as our response to said requests for a period of at least twenty-four (24) months.
If you have an account with us, we may require you to take delivery of our written response through that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response electronically, though you may alternatively choose to receive delivery by mail. The response will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For requests for specific pieces of information that we have collected about you will be sent in a portable, readily useable format that you may transmit to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
(f) Your Rights Under “Shine the Light”:
In addition to your rights under the CCPA, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request information regarding our disclosure, if any, of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information about 2017 sharing activities). To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing to: CITGO Customer Service; P.O. Box 4689; Houston, TX 77210-4689.
Effective Date of Policy